Labyrinth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Basic Flipping Guide

Go down

Basic Flipping Guide Empty Basic Flipping Guide

Post by Admin Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

This is Flipping 101. It's very simple and it's very easy to learn. Advanced flipping makes you (sometimes much) more GP per hour, but Advanced techniques belong to another (upcoming) guide.

Tools: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange/Buying_limits or simply use the tool here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Buy_limit#Trade_Restrictions

How to Perform a Basic Flip:

- go to GE, check graphs if you want (look for items being bought/sold often, with relatively stable buy/sell prices. Examples: bones, herbs ... skilling supplies
- buy the item +5 to +50% of its price and record the price. Current example for me: Airut Bones. 9354 gp.
- sell the item -5 to -50% of its price and record the price. Current example for me: Airut Bones. 9237.
- these are your margins for buying and selling the items; however, with a good margin it helps to buff things to speed up the process.

Why speed it up? It helps you beat the competition, and prices change so you want to stay ahead of the curve.

- above, I am using 9239-9350 instead of 9237-9354; and I am prepared to adjust my prices. Basic flipping is anything from instant to 5-10 minute flipping. The margins aren't usually good enough to justify too much time on it.

Tips:

- if you are collecting the items too quickly, then lower your offer; if you are unloading items too quickly, then see if you can get a little more out of them.
- avoid flipping so much that you could lose your bank. Starting out, don't go over 10% of your wealth.
- practice flipping in small amounts for some regular items you feel comfortable with (small margins but it helps you learn how prices change)
- flip items that buy/sell often

Terms:

buying - this is backwards. when you are selling an item to the market, it is called "buying" because people are buying it
selling - when you buying an item from the market, it is called "selling" because people are selling it to you
These terms are framed by the market, not you. Hence, they are backward Very Happy

FAQ:

Why won't my item buy or sell? Check your margins. Sometimes an item is just inactive.
%&$%&$&!! I just lost 20M, how should I kill myself??>? Relax. You will ALWAYS run into problems flipping. Learn from mistakes and reduce future issues.

What to Flip?:

Consider flipping items that can be traded in bulk for fast flips. It is less profitable but it adds up.

Less profit, less cost involved:
- herbs, seeds, potions, food, swamp tar, swamp toads, arrows
More profit, more cost involved:
- higher food (e.g., rocktail soups), dragon bones, crafting supplies, runite and dragon gear
Even more profit, much more cost involved (refer to upcoming advanced guides; high level flipping requires more patience and a greater understanding of margins and market trends):
- frost dragon bones, nex and god wars items, ascension keystones, drygores
Going for broke (refer to upcoming advanced guides; high level flipping requires more patience and a greater understanding of margins and market trends):
- rares, seismics

The idea is to make a percentage of wealth, but not to overdo it by reaching beyond your means. It is better to practice and learn flipping with 2m-10m and then to refine your techniques anyway before moving up to advanced flipping. I will update this guide as more information comes to mind/arises. Some of our guides will contain outside links and additional information to really get you rolling.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://labyrinthclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down